Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Classic Toy Challenge-Legos

Good morning and happy Wednesday. We have quite a bit to share with you today. Not only is it time for a new challenge, but it is time to reveal the first new member of our design team!

Please meet Denise
 Hi, my name is Denise, and I live in Minnesota.  I'm a stay-home mom with a background in teaching.  I love to celebrate family milestones through scrapbooking.  My style is playful and colorful, as you will see if you visit my blog, http://greendenise.blogspot.com.  I also enjoy reading, spending time in nature, and creating beaded jewelry.  I look forward to "playing" on the CPC design team!

Now onto our challenge. It's Classic Toy week and we have a toy that can pretty much be considered as everyone's favorite...LEGOS!  This quite possibly could be the best toy ever invented. LEGOS have endless creative possibilities.  Let's take a look at how LEGOS inspired our design team.



My son loved playing with Lego and it was even more fun if he had a friend to play it with.  Every sleepover we had, you would soon find the boys happily engrossed.

I went through a pile of pics of my boys and found some of them playing with their toys, and at least 2 of these pics have Legos in them. I also made some Lego block embellishments.

Adele
My nephew's just a little young for Legos, so I didn't have any "obvious" photos to use with this challenge.  I was inspired by the "bricks" and the colours.

Denise
 Inspired by the color and shape of Lego bricks, I designed my page with a rainbow of layered rectangles.

Devra
Inspired by a visit to the LEGO store. A quite literal interpretation.

LEGOS are such a great toy! There are so many ways to play with them. I'm sure yo'll have fun playing along with this challenge. Will the LEGOS bring up a childhood memory? Inspire you with color or shape? We look forward to seeing how you use LEGOS to inspire your next layout.

You have until Dec 31 to add your layout using the link at the top of the page.



1 comment: