Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Classic Game Challenge: MONOPOLY

Happy NEW YEAR!!!
Happy New Year 2014 Wallpaper
In keeping with the "new"-ness of 2014, we have a couple more game players to introduce to you!
Please give a warm welcome to:

Bio: My name is Mandi.  I live in Michigan with my parents, brother and my fur baby. I have had the honor of working on several design teams. I have been crafty ever since I was a little girl, thanks to my dad. I love to do scrapbook pages, cards, altered projects, sewing, etc. I really started getting into all paper crafts when I was a tween.   I consider my style vintage modern. My go to items are pom-pom trim, twine, washi tape and mists. Besides crafting, I love to spend time cooking, reading and being with my family.

Hi, my name is Tanti. I was born and raised in Jakarta, Indonesia. In 1994 I went to Germany for my studies. There I met my husband, so I stayed for good. Nowadays I'm a stay at home mom of 2 kids.
I've been papercrafting since I was at school. 15 years ago I started making cards for my friends and family. 2009 I fell in love with scrapbooking and I'm addicted to it since I made a vintage mini album for my mother in law. I love working with transparency or vellum. I like creating homemade embellishments for extra details on most of my projects. My style is more CAS and colourful but I do also layering and messy style. Besides scrapbook layouts I also love to make cards, mini albums and altered items.

We also would like to announce the winner of our Blog Hop and that winner is:
PROBYTE
please email me at idesignsrapbooks(at) yahoo (dot) com within 7 days to claim your prize!


Now onto our first Child's Play Challenge of the New Year!!

"The Fast-Dealing Property Trading Game"

Did you play this game as a child?  Do you play it with your own children?  If not, surely you are familiar with the unique metal game pieces and little plastic houses.  Or maybe what comes to your mind is the mustached icon, Mr. Monopoly.  There are many ways you can be inspired by this game...properties, design, money...to name a few.  How will you take on this challenge? 

Here is what our game players have to share with you today:

I've done a number of pages of my own children playing Monopoly so I decided to go in a slightly different direction with this page.  When I was a kid getting together with friends on a rainy weekend invariably meant pulling out a board game or two.  This was fine and a lot of fun except I truly sucked at Monopoly while my girlfriend was a ruthless, cut-throat entrepreneur!  I soon yearned for a quick trip to jail just to live for another round!

I may be one of the only people in the world that actually does not enjoy the game of Monopoly....I get bored way too easily....Probably why I'm not a business person in my day job.  What I do love is a good handlebar mustache like the man in the Monopoly game.  So I decided to use pictures of my girls sporting their "facial hair" in honor of the game Monopoly.

DOREEN
I never really liked playing Monopoly because I never win, LOL! Also it's generally
a long boring game! However, playing this Peanuts version that my husband bought me 
makes even the longest round of this game a lot more fun! Not only did I scrap pictures of
an actual Monopoly game but I carried over the arrow and "blocks" from the gameboard.
And yes that is Christmas PP I used, but the colors totally work!

DENISE
I was inspired by the graphics on the starting square of the Monopoly board.  In order to (somewhat) mimic this square, I added the word "GO" and a big arrow to my title.  I didn't have any Monopoly photos, so my page is about going to Yo-Yo, a local doughnut shop.

COLLEEN
It's been so long since I've played Monopoly, but the pewter pieces instantly popped into my head. I was inspired by the dog piece to create this layout about my son and his grandma's dog.

STEFFANIE
I bet you can't guess what I was inspired by.....the iconic Mr. Monopoly!!  Some people just don't get this quirky mustache trend but I do!  And luckily I have a couple of boys who don't mind playing into the silliness!  At least some of the time!

Alright...now it's your turn!  Let's see what this challenge inspires you to create. Don't forget to link up your layout using the inlinkz tool at the top of our blog!


4 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks!! And congratulations Mandi and Tanti!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Mandi & Tanti! Thanks for a great challenge - I was inspired by the grid design of the Monopoly board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie- We would love to comment on your beautiful entries. Can you correct your links and change your settings in Flickr so we are able to do so?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete